This is a perfect recipe to follow when you want to to whip up a tasty and seemingly indulgent brunch with minimum effort. You can even use bread which is a little crusty as soaking the bread will help to plump it up again.
- 4 slices rye sourdough bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Splash of almond milk
- Coconut oil for frying
- 1 banana, sliced
- Maple syrup, to drizzle
- Whisk together the eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and almond milk.
- Soak each slice of sourdough one at a time.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the slices of bread and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- You can warm through the banana slices in the pan towards the end.
- Then serve the warm banana on top of the sourdough french toast, drizzle with a little maple syrup & enjoy.