This is a lovely Summery smoothie, which uses two of my favourite Summer fruits; donut peaches and Irish strawberries. I get so excited when is see donut peaches back at the market, they are so sweet and fragrant. You could of course use any type of peach for this smoothie but as you can tell I have a bias towards the donut variety. Did you also know that peaches can be grown in Ireland? Well I have seen them in West Cork anyway so it's my goal to try and grow my own in the future, any hints and tips are welcome from anyone with peach growing expertise!
- 2 x donut peaches, roughly chopped
- 1 x banana, peeled and chopped
- 500g strawberries, washed & hulled
- 2 tbsp rice protein powder
- 300ml almond milk
- bee pollen
- Pop all the ingredients into the blender and pulse until creamy and smooth, adding a little extra almond milk if necessary. I like my smoothies quite thick so you can eat with a spoon & often do just that, adding toppings and eating like a smoothie bowl. If you prefer thinner simply add more liquid.
- Once blended, top with be pollen or any superfoods of your choice & enjoy!