Avocado toast has really been having a moment over the past year or so, from Pinterest pictures to brunch menu's. It's really quick and easy to throw together and contains lots of good fats stemming from the avocado. The radish sprouts used in this version also provide some extra nutrients, including Vitamin C & B Vitamins. Feel free to mix up the toppings, adding anything that tickles your fancy. This is something I have regularly for lunch, if you're making ahead to take in your lunch-box just make sure to use plenty of lemon juice over the avocado to stop them from discolouring.
- 1 avocado, peeled and de-stoned
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Handful of radish sprouts
- 1 slice rye pumpernickel bread, cut in half and toasted
- Sea-salt and black pepper, to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Mash the avocado and mix through the chilli flakes and coriander.
- Spread the mashed avocado over the toasted pumpernickel bread.
- Scatter over the radish, spring onions and radish sprouts.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with sea-salt and black pepper to taste.