These mini frittatas make the most of the local asparagus season. They are perfect for breakfast and lunches on the go. Serve them with a simple green salad for a tasty and nourishing meal.
Serves 6 (individual frittata per person)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 asparagus spears
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for frying
- 4 free-range eggs
- 8 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 handful fresh mint, chopped
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Sea-salt & black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease and line a 6-hole muffin tray with small squares of baking paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and garlic and fry for a minute.
- Chop the asparagus stalks, leaving the tips to top the frittatas. Add the asparagus to the frying pan with the onion and garlic. Continue frying until the asparagus has softened. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs and natural yoghurt. Add the chopped herbs and season to taste.
- Once the fried mix has cooled tip it into the egg mix and stir well to distribute the vegetables and herbs.
- Pour the mix into the prepared cases, transfer to the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.