This is a healthier version of the usual flapjack you can find in most shops and cafes. Flapjacks are seen as a healthy option, while many still contain lashings of sugar, golden syrup and margarine. This version is based on rolled oats, raisins, flaked almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut oil and sweetened with mashed banana. They are wheat-free and dairy-free and make a perfect addition to kids (and adults) lunch-boxes.
- 250g rolled oats
- 125g raisins
- 75g flaked almonds
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 150ml coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin.
- Mix the oats, raisins, flaked almonds and sunflower seeds together in a bowl.
- Add the mashed banana and stir through.
- Pour over the coconut oil and vanilla extract and stir well.
- Tip the flapjack mix into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.