These little bites of heaven are a play on the 'Bounty' bars I grew up eating. This version is a little healthier of course but is rich & flavoursome with addition of dark chocolate & real pieces of coconut.
- 240ml coconut milk
- 60ml coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea-salt
- 225g desiccated coconut
- 400g dark chocolate, 72% cocoa solids
- Grease and line a 20cm square tin.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and sea-salt. Once well combined add the desiccated coconut and beat together.
- Pour the coconut mix into the prepared cake tin and transfer to the freezer for at least 2 hours. Take out of the freezer at this point and cut into bite sized bars. Freeze again for a further 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, being careful to not allow the chocolate to burn.
- This is the messy part; cover the coconut bars with the melted dark chocolate. You can apply two thin coats of the chocolate for a more even finish if you wish.
- Once covered, transfer to the fridge to set.