If I had to pick a favourite dessert, I think brownies would be have to be it. These brownies are rich, gooey & delicious. They are made with 72% dark chocolate, real Irish butter and coconut sugar for sweetness. They are also gluten-free and grain-free. They are perfect party food and make for a delicious end to any meal. They are quite rich so go for smaller squares than your average brownie. They are nice served with whipped cream, coconut cream or even a little thick natural yoghurt for a hint of sour to act as the perfect foil to the sweetness of the brownies.
- 225g dark chocolate, 72% cocoa solids
- 225g butter
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g coconut nectar
- 225g ground almonds
- Pinch of sea-salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 3.
- Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin.
- Melt the dark chocolate with the butter using a double boiler.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, vanilla extract and coconut nectar together in a large bowl.
- Once the dark chocolate and butter have melted to a smooth consistency, pour over the egg mix and whisk to combine.
- Add the almonds and sea-salt and bring the mix together using a spatula.
- Pour the mix into the prepared cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.